Summary: I'm a software engineer in the day (sometimes at night). I'm interested in many ideas and experiences. I like exploring, learning, and making things. I live in San Francisco right now via Canada.
Work stuff: I work at Affirm.
- Fundamentally an optimist, even though it doesn't always appear that way
- Wandering the streets of a new city is a great way to spend a day
- City design is deeply important in affecting how you live daily
- Learning approach is, "throw me into the deep end, and I'll improve over time"
- Love travel, but bad at learning new language and remembering names or details
- If feeling tired / unmotivated, getting outside in the sun always helps
- Cheap street food (where cooking can be seen and smelled) is often the best food
- A small portion of people do most of the original thinking for society, others follow
- People should be more aware of cognitive biases
- We should be more aware of incentive structures
- Gratitude is underrated, even though it's cliche